Semi Custom FAQ
How does the Semi-Custom Process work?
Visit our Semi Custom Collection and choose the collection you want to order from. Add the products in the quantities, type of paper and the printing method that you wish to use. Add any add-on’s to the cart, such as ribbons, calligraphy addressing, postage.
Once the order is submitted, a form will be sent to you within a few business days to fill out for the details required for the invitation. A digital proof of the design will be provided within 7 business days after all the content has been collected and confirmed. One revision round is included after the digital proof, which includes minor text changes and one calligraphy rewrite. Once approved, the items are sent to the printer. Once sent to the printer, any changes would incur additional charges. Print production takes about 3-4 weeks upon approval, plus shipping. Production increases by 1-2 weeks if handmade paper, addressing, accessories and assembly are involved.
What are the options that I can choose for the Semi-Custom Suite?
- Collection: Each collection is different from each other. Choose that best reflects your wedding style
- Quantity: The minimum order of the Semi-Custom Invitations is 25. If your wedding will require less than 25 invitations, unfortunately we are unable to reduce these. If you require more than 200 invitations, please send us a note via the contact form so that we can provide you with a quote.
- Type of Paper: There are 3 types of paper that is available for printing. The 100lb cardstock paper is the only paper we print for digital printing. If you require thicker paper, there is an upgrade available for thicker paper, please contact us for more information. The 220lb cotton paper is used for letterpress and foil printing. The handmade paper requires letterpress and foil printing, and varies from paper to paper. Handmade paper in particular is dependent on the manufacturer, they may change the quality at their own discretion.
- Type of Printing: There are 3 types of printing that is available with the Semi-Custom Suites. Digital printing is a high quality inkjet printing on the 100lb cardstock. Letterpress printing uses a die to impress onto the paper to create the texture, and uses ink, therefore it’s best for non-metallic colors. Foil printing uses a die, just like letterpress, but uses foil, therefore it’s best for metallic colors.
- Printing Color Choices: There are select colors for printing, available in this link here. If gold and copper are chosen, but foil printing was not chosen, then the flat color version of gold and copper will be used and will not have a metallic look.
- Envelope Color Choices: There are select colors for envelopes, available in this link here. If handmade paper is chosen, then the envelopes will also be handmade.
- Calligraphy Choices: There are 6 calligraphy styles. You can select one on the link here.
- Font Choices: In each suite, you can select the font to be serif or sans serif. Serif fonts are classic and elegant fonts that have serifs, such as Times New Roman, Garamond, etc. Sans-serif fonts are more modern and do not have serifs, such as Arial, Calibri, etc.
- Monogram (Opulent and Heirloom only): These two suites will allow you to select different monograms and will also change the design slightly depending on which monogram you choose. For example, if an Olive Branch monogram was selected, then the rest of the suite will feature olive branches. The Potpourri Suite also has a monogram, but it is set on the floral version. You will be allowed to choose the letters for the monogram inside the crests.
I need to order more invitations than I initially ordered. What do I do?
Please send us an email right away regarding your order. Additional orders will incur additional setup costs and shipping if the invitations from the initial order have already been printed and/or shipped.
I need to order less invitations than I initially ordered. Can I still change it?
Unfortunately, we cannot reduce the quantity of the invitations once ordered. Please make sure that you order the right amount of invitations before you submit the payment for them.
I want to customize certain parts of the Semi-Custom suite. Is that possible?
Yes, that is possible. Please send us a message via the Contact Form with specifications of your customization so that we can email you back with a quote.
I want to get completely customized invitations. Is that possible?
Yes, that is possible. Please send us a message via the Contact Form with as much detail as possible so that we can correspond about them. Custom Invitations require a phone call or Skype conversation for us to discuss in detail the design that you are looking for. Custom invitations can take 3-5 weeks longer than Semi-Custom Invitations, and can cost at least 30-40% more, depending on the materials. Custom Invitations include up to 3 design rounds of invitations, where the first round has the most number of designs, and we refine the designs until we arrive at our perfected wedding invitation customized for your wedding.
How does the shipping work?
Shipping will be charged to you once the items are ready to ship. For international orders, DHL or UPS will be used for shipping. DHL does only express shipping, but you will receive the invitations within 1-3 business days. UPS ground can take longer, around 7-10 business days but can be more economical depending on the weight of the package. Written Word Calligraphy is not liable for lost, damaged or delayed shipments.
What is the status of my order?
Written Word Calligraphy will provide you a timeline once your order is submitted and all the content for the invitations are received.
What is your return/exchange/cancellation policy?
Due to the handmade nature of our invitation suites, they are non-refundable and not eligible for exchange or return. For handmade paper invitations, handmade paper may vary in various elements upon manufacturer's discretion and is considered part of the paper's character. If there is an error in on our part of the printing, depending on the invitation mailing schedule we will choose to reprint or provide a credit for the misprint. If there is an error with the text of the wording that was approved by the client, then the costs of reprinting will be covered by the client. Once the order is submitted and the content of the invitations are received, we cannot cancel your order, as we will have begun work on your invitations. However if the order is submitted and nothing has been done with your invitations, we can issue a refund minus a restocking fee due to processing fees.
Are your invitations available to ship anywhere in the world?
Yes, they are, as long as DHL or UPS would ship to them.
What is the currency that the items are in your shop?
The items are in USD.
Can I request to expedite the order processing?
Yes, you can. Depending on your estimated due date, we will let you know if your desired date is possible or not. If yes, then an additional 30% of your total will be charged for rush fees.
I received envelopes with the addresses incorrectly handwritten. What do I do?
If it is Written Word’s mistake, we will re-write and ship it for free depending on our availability. If we are for any reason unable to do so, we will refund the charge for envelope addressing for the number that was incorrect. But if it is the client’s fault, the regular envelope calligraphy charges will be charged plus the shipping.
Who owns the designs once produced?
Karla Lim and Written Word Calligraphy retain rights to the designs that they create. If you would like to get exclusive rights to the designs, please inform us and we will provide you with an appropriate quote.